Saturday, July 4, 2015

Eating Michael's Bonus

My husband Mike got a nice check last week for Employee Appreciation Day at his office. He suggested that we use part of it to dine at a couple of fancy, aka pricey, restaurants. The man didn't have to ask me twice. We both love to eat!

Last night we had dinner at Sofia's in West Roxbury, MA. We had eaten there once before in February for our third wedding anniversary. We loved it then and we were not disappointed last night.

We shared an appetizer and a salad. For the appetizer, we enjoyed the Maryland Crab Cake. It was quite large. For the salad we selected the Baby Spinach Salad with white balsamic, red onion, frisée, granny smith apple, bacon and shaved Pecorino Romano cheese. They also serve you fresh bread warm from the oven with a delicious hummus. We probably could have just eaten this for dinner and moved on to dessert.

For dinner, Michael ordered the Sam Adams Steamed Mussels (with tomato, mild peppers, garlic, basil, Sam Adams Boston Lager and garlic bread) from the appetizer menu along with a side of pasta. I'm not a mussels fan but Michael said they were wonderful. I carefully reviewed the menu but in the end, I chose to order what I had before in February, because, YES, it was THAT GOOD. I'm warning you that the ingredients sound odd, but trust me, they work together. I ate the Pan Seared Day Boat Scallops with sautéed shitake mushrooms, salami and sweet potato served over a parsnip purée.

My dinner last night. Yum!
And even though we were both stuffed, we shared a dessert too! Vanilla Bean Crème Brûlée, garnished with fresh berries.
Double Yum!
My handsome dining companion, my husband Michael.

Hope there was some good eating during your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment